Friday, December 14, 2012

Dream a little dream

Was so surprised and pleased at your arrival
It felt impossible, but as each day passed it became more real
Every night I would put my hand to you and share my thoughts
My dreams, my hopes, my fears I would tell
Your presence brought me comfort here
The slight discomforts your presence caused, alighted in me a hope unreal

What was unbelievable, slowly became my new reality
Things that were impossible to let go, I left without a moment's thought
I saw myself start to change and delighted in each discovery
Each night falling asleep knowing you were here with me
My dreams filled with truths yet to be, and love that was foreign to me
Of ribbons and smiles, baseballs and games, of laughter, and light and beauty

I let myself  hope and see what would be for you and me
Castles in sand, learning new things, tears born of laughter, sadness, and pain
Sharing all I know and imparting my stories, watching your face light up with glee
Feeling your heartbeat, knowing you kindly, watching you as you grow from this seed
Rubbing my belly, loving you deeply, counting the days till your eyes I would see
All of my wanting, wishes and prayers were no longer for me, but for you just to be

Then all of my joy was ripped out from beneath me
The words of sympathy came pouring like rain
It happened so quickly nothing to stop it
River of red mixed with shock waves of pain
Your presence was fleeting the dream was a nightmare
Again you became just a passing memory

I lay my hand where you used to be
The space left is so vast and unfathomable
I am so aware
Aware that I am alone
Aware that you are
no more.

I cry



No comments:

Post a Comment