Monday, December 20, 2010

Fooled

Is there no one I can talk to?
Is there no one I can trust?
Try to share my fears with someone
But my words get all torn up

They come back to me all twisted
All the things that I have shared
All my thoughts are now just mangled
Into something I've not said

Talk to me is what is told me 
Tell me all your deepest fears
Open up your once locked feelings
I will keep them safe, I swear

Please then tell me why you waivered
How what I've said has somehow grown
Into this thing that stands before me
Which is something I don't know

How my words which are unmolded
Have a life now of their own
With a soul I did not give them
sprung forth from seeds I did not sew

Explain to me how I can trust you
with the feelings in my heart
When I know next time I hear them
They will be all but torn apart

Fool me once, the shame is yours now
Fool me twice, it's mine alone
All the faith invested in you
Is unfortunately all gone

Never again will I be foolish
With all the thoughts I hold so dear
My wall I will build up much stronger
To protect all of my fears

No comments:

Post a Comment