Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Rollercoaster

Up, up, up the steep tracks I slowly climb
My mood getting higher and more fevered with each passing fret
I teeter slowly back and forth on the precipice of my mind

Before I even have time to prepare
The pendulum swings and hurls my thoughts quickly down the slope
My stomach is suddenly in my throat trapping in my screams of woe

Then up I go back up the winding track
To swerve suddenly down and loop-d-loop my thoughts around my mind
I try to make sense of all the swirling images and blurs that pass my eyes

The part I seem to dread and fear the most
Is not the heart pounding highs of the ride or deafening lows
But of the gut wrenching, breath stealing, sudden soul leaving of ride's end.

With rapid heart, I'll stand in line in hopes to get to ride this life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment