Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Ghost

Jan 5, 2007
Current mood:lonely

The Ghost

An empty shell
A ghost floating through air void of features, void of feelings, void of dreams
The heart that use to beat has no rhythm to perceive
Low mournful cries, deep soul-less screams
There is only pain- an existence in grief
Oh poor mournful ghost, why do you follow me?
It is MY soul that screams? It is MY heart with no beat? It is MY pain you feel and MY grief that's so deep?

But dear ghost please explain, cause I don't understand. Why do you say that you can't see me, why do you perceive my features bland? I am right here standing. I am talking to you. Asking why you are sad, asking what I can do. Why do you look back at me with such sadness in your eyes? With so much emptiness of feeling, I feel coldness inside. Please ghost, just leave me, you are scaring me so. Please go away and be at peace, Marissa is willing it so. I will turn away my face, so I won't see you as you leave. Just disperse from this place so that I too can have peace. As I turn my face away, and let a few minutes pass, I turn back to insure that my guest did not last. I turn back to the source, and what a horror I beheld! There was no ghost to be seen, no spectral vision anywhere. The thing that I talked to just minutes before, was the reflection of me from the mirror on the door.

Marissa Hokulani Kamamalu Gibson  (Written on the day the music died January 5, 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment