Thursday, November 18, 2010

Letter to God

Feb 27, 2007
Current mood:grateful

Letter to God

God. Thank you.
I doubt you, I get angry with you, I scream and defile your name, I disappoint you, I refuse to follow your guidance, and still you continue to hold me, protect me, provide for me, bless me, watch over me and mine, and work the most amazing miracles. I know that I am not nearly thankful enough for all of the ways you show your mercy and love to me in my life. I am a sinnerwoman and daily I know you enfold me in your arms. I feel undeserving of this kind of love from you especially when I know the life I lead fails to live up to the gifts and talents that you have seen to bless me with. God, you know the deepest parts of my heart, mind, and soul. Even knowing this, I need to write my praise to you. Without your presence in my life, I am nothing. Though it may seem at times that my faith in you is non existent, even in my darkest and brightest days I believe. I need you Lord in my life. Thank you for loving me even when I can't bring myself to love me. Thank you, God.

Marissa Hokulani Kamamalu Gibson- February 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment