Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Lake of Life

Nov 13, 2007
Current mood:discontent

The Lake of Life

Darkness, paralyzing cold, loudly quiet
Absorbing me
Grabbing, stabbing, pulling, drowning
Life's reeds reaching out for me


My mind it tries to grasp and reason
My body struggles- it fights for breath
My limbs frantically clawing for surface
All of it in vain, as I fall to the depths


The harder I struggle the tighter the grip
that keeps pulling me down
I am blinded by darkness-my eyes frantically
searching for light
I start losing all feeling-my lungs ache
to take just one breath


The dark lake water has me locked deep in
its depths
It's murky, frigid waves steal away my
Will to live


I'm suffocating in my problems and I'm
drowning in all my fears
The reeds of death are wrapping round me
And all I have now is my tears.


Marissa Hokulani Kamamalu Gibson-Nov.07

No comments:

Post a Comment