Thursday, November 18, 2010

Promises

Dec 11, 2006
Current mood:disappointed

Promises

I didn't promise anything.
I didn't promise you the moon or the stars.
I didn't promise to be there or to call.
I didn't promise to miss you while you're away.
I didn't promise that I would come and stay.
I didn't promise to comfort you when you're sad.
I didn't promise to not be upset or mad.
I didn't promise that I would think of you.
I didn't promise to even say we're through.
I didn't promise to hold you when you cry.
I didn't promise to never say goodbye.
I didn't promise you not a damn thing.
All these promises that I didn't make I don't intend to keep.
I should have promised myself to never let you in.
I should have promised to not get taken in the game.
I should have promised myself to not pick up the phone.
I should have promised to not care when you're alone.
I should have promised to not worry when you get sick.
I should have promised to never let you see me be weak.
I should have promised to not miss you when you're not here.
I should have promised to not give a damn care.
All these promises I now intend to keep.
Never again have I let someone in so deep.


Marissa Hokulani Kamamalu Gibson- December 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment